WS488 offers superior slump resistance
- Excellent Wetting
- Superior Slump Resistance
- Aqueous Wash with Water
- Extended Cleaning Window
- 8 Hour + Stencil Life
- Large Process Window
AIM’s WS488 water soluble solder paste has been designed to wet virtually
any solderable electronic surfaces, components, assemblies, and substrates.
WS488 offers superior slump resistance, as well as excellent print characteristics
and 8+ hours of stencil life. WS488 is compatible with all leaded and lead-free
alloys, and has been developed for use in a wide range of applications. Easily
cleaned in tap water, this all purpose water soluble product was created to meet
the industry’s demand for a consistently reliable water soluble product.
- Apply sufficient paste to the stencil to allow a smooth, even roll during the print cycle (a bead diameter of 12 to 16 mm (½ to ⅝ inch) is normally sufficient to begin).
- Apply small amounts of fresh solder paste to the stencil at controlled intervals to maintain paste chemistry and workable properties.
- WS488 provides the necessary tack time and force for today’s high speed placement equipment, which will enhance product performance and reliability.
WS488 can be cleaned easily with water. Deionized water is recommended for the final rinse. A temperature of 38°C (100°F) - 66°C (150°F) is sufficient for removing residues. An in-line or other pressurized spray cleaning system is suggested, but is not required.
Please refer to datasheets.
Handling and Storage
- WS488 has a refrigerated shelf life of 6 months at 4°C (40°F) - 12°C (55°F).
- Allow the solder paste to warm naturally to ambient temperature (8 hrs.) prior to breaking the seal for use.
- Mix the product lightly and thoroughly for 1 to 2 minutes to ensure even distribution of any separated material.
- Do not store new and used paste in the same container, and reseal any opened containers while not in use.
- Replace the internal plug and cap of the 500 gram jars to ensure the best possible seal.
- Use with adequate ventilation and proper personal protective equipment.
- Refer to the accompanying Material Safety Data Sheet for any specific emergency information.
- Do not dispose of any lead-containing materials in non-approved containers.
|Sn62 and Sn63
|Gray, Smooth, Creamy
|T3, T4, T5
|Available in all industry standard packaging.