NC-560-LF is a lead-free, no-clean, halide-free solder paste that delivers improved solderability with all Pb-Free metallization, including ENIG (Gold), OSP, HASL and immersion silver printed circuit boards. NC-560-LF is RoHS-compliant and increases production yields with its unparalleled lot-to-lot and stencil printing consistency, and offers superior print performance characteristics, including excellent wetting, strong activity, ideal viscosity, long stencil life, thermal stability up to 300°C, and minimal residue. NC-560-LF is also low beading, low voiding, and anti-tombstoning to reduce scrap and rework.
Material Safety Data Sheets (MSDS)
- Exceptional print definition
- Long stencil life
- Wide process window
- Excellent wetting compatibility on most PCB finishes
- Low voiding
- Compatible with enclosed printing heads
- Compatible in either Nitrogen or Air reflow
||Automatic / Manual Printing
Automatic / Manual Dispensing
Type-5 available upon request
||250 gram jars
500 gram jars upon request
Other packaging upon request
||8 hrs. @ 30–45% RH & 22–25°C
~4 hrs. @ 45–70% RH & 22–25°C
||Printing applications: 650 to 900Kcps +/-10%
Dispensing applications: 425Kcps +/-10%
Tested according to IPC-TM-650
||Typical tackiness: 35g force
The print definition of NC-560-LF is ideal for fine pitch applications. The stencil life of this no-clean product virtually eliminates waste of solder paste. This type 3 solder paste will meet pitch requirements from 16 mil to 24 mil.
The following are general guidelines for stencil printer optimization with NC-560-LF. Some adjustments may be necessary based on your process requirements:
| Print Speed: 25–100mm/sec
Squeegee Pressure: 0.2–0.7kg/inch of blade
Under Stencil Wipe: Once every 10–25 prints or as necessary
Automated stencil cleaning systems for both stencil and misprinted printed circuit boards. Manual cleaning using 99% isopropyl alcohol (IPA) works well.
Storage and Handling
- Refrigerated storage at 42–47°F will prolong the solder paste shelf life to no less than 6 months
- Syringes & cartridges should be stored vertically with the dispensing tip down.
- Solder paste should be allowed to reach ambient temperature naturally, prior to use (about 6-8 hours).
- Never freeze solder paste.
Read the data sheet to find specifications about the recommended temperature profile.