Introducing LF-4300 (lead-free) and 4300 (tin-lead), two revolutionary synthetic solder pastes that offer such unparalleled versatility and forgiveness, we still don’t believe it.
Both the LF-4300 and the 4300 offer true multi-process capabilities, ideal for water washable applications, able to be cleaned using standard aqueous cleaning systems without saponification. Both formulas also utilize synthetic materials that deliver ideal printing characteristics, unparalleled lot-to-lot consistency and extremely long stencil life. LF-4300 and 4300 are also VOC and halide-free, and classified as RELO.
Material Safety Data Sheets (MSDS)
- Synthetic materials
- Can reflow high temperature alloys up to 300°C
- Complies with RoHS directive 2002/95/EC
- Excellent wetting compatibility with most PCB finishes
- Low voiding and mid-chip beading
- Residue can be left on or removed from the circuit board using water
||Automatic / Manual Printing
Automatic / Manual Dispensing
Type-5 available upon request
||250 gram jars
500 gram jars upon request
Other packaging upon request
||>8 hrs. @ 30–45% RH & 22–25°C
~4 hrs. @ 45–70% RH & 22–25°C
||Printing applications: 650 to 900Kcps +/-10%
Dispensing applications: 400Kcps +/-10%
Tested according to IPC-TM-650
||Typical tackiness: 37g force
The print definition of LF-4300 is ideal for fine pitch applications. The stencil life of this water-soluble product virtually eliminates waste of solder paste from the printed circuit board. This type 3 solder paste will meet pitch requirements from 16 mil to 24 mil.
The following are general guidelines for stencil printer optimization with LF-4300. Some adjustments may be necessary based on your process requirements:
| Print Speed: 25–100mm/sec
Squeegee Pressure: 0.2–0.7kg/inch of blade
Under Stencil Wipe: Once every 10–25 prints or as necessary
Automated stencil cleaning systems for both stencil and misprinted circuit boards. Manual cleaning using water at 60°C or 99% isopropyl alcohol (IPA. Post-reflow cleaning using water at 40-60°C with 30-50 PSI pressure.
Storage and Handling
- Refrigerated storage at 42–47°F will prolong the solder paste shelf life to no less than 6 months
- Syringes & cartridges should be stored vertically with the dispensing tip down.
- Solder paste should be allowed to reach ambient temperature naturally, prior to use (about 6-8 hours).
- Never freeze solder paste.
Read the data sheet to find specifications about the recommended temperature profile.